Monday, February 17, 2014

Average, repeptitive, boring, beautiful life

  Here I sit again, as every other night on the couch with my love, drinking wine and watching our usual shows that were DVRing while we put the kids to bed. Every night, week after week and year after year we do the exact same thing. We live a life of habit. Before we found one another we each partook in a different activity each night and were very pleased. Now we are stuck in a habitual process, a repetitive lifestyle, and we couldn't be happier. Tonight, we took the boys out to see Michael's mother and on the way home we decided on a whim to go out to dinner. As regular as that seems to most people my age it is very unique and exciting for us. I had a cocktail (shocker) and a steak and OH MY GAWD was I happy. I turned into a little kid in a candy shop for one hour and it was awesome. When you live a life with little spontaneity, it makes those little things stand out in your memory as good, happy experiences and I think that makes our content, relaxed codependent existence even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment