Sunday, March 2, 2014

Reflection - Final Post

   The assignment was to write every day on the blogs we created specifically for the class. Every single day. After first reading the assignment description I was excited to get started. The first few entries were easy and I didn't mind the first week or so of the blogging exercise. Upon entering the second week of assigned blogging I began to run out of creativity. I started using the daily writing prompt generator every day in order to achieve the goal of posting an entry each day for 3 weeks. The assignment started to seem like a big pain in the butt. I got to the point where I would wait until just before bed to blog and there were several times I knew I had not done my best and, honestly didn't care because I had become annoyed with the assignment and wanted it to be over. Once week number three had begun I was feeling confident about my writing. Sick of putting in so much time and effort, but increasingly confident. I had picked up the pace greatly and it seems now like the words just come out on their own. I've always had the ability to put words together well and I consider myself to be a good writer, but I think until now I was lacking in creativity and in fluency. Now I think it's much easier to sit behind this computer and get down exactly the thoughts that I want to put down in a manner that makes sense, sounds good and expresses much more ease than before. In my opinion, this exercise was very effective. I learned a lot with very little effort. I will likely continue to blog throughout the semester in order to continue building my writing skills as I would love to further my fluency even more than I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment