Thursday, March 20, 2014

Describe

It's dark. The air feels crisp, clean and a perfect 75 degrees. With the soft, cool breeze comes the sound of rustling leaves and swaying trees and further out I can hear the hooves of five or six large horses chasing each other around on the hillside just outside of our camp sight. I also hear the crackling and hissing of our dying campfire. I look up at the sky and see millions of stars shining bright and the biggest orange-colored moon I've ever seen. Just below, I see the glowing embers of what was a raging campfire just moments before, and it sends sparks into the air every now and then. The trees and galloping horses in the distance are beautiful silhouettes against the deep dark blue mountain sky. I look over at Michael, who is sharing the raw tree-branch bench with me next to the dying fire, as he takes another gulp of his fresh lime margarita and finishes with an "ahhhh". I've never in my life felt so relaxed, so happy. I feel honored to have such a beautiful world to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment